Have you been wondering how to clean your AirPods at home? You're not the only one. Luckily, there are a few ways that anyone can do it. Cleaning your AirPods isn't as difficult as it seems. In fact, you can clean them with just a few simple things that you probably already have at home.
What you need
First, you’ll need to acquire the following five products and then follow their step-by-step guide.
- Rubbing alcohol or Hydrogen Peroxide
- A cloth or paper towel
- Soft bristle toothbrush
Cleaning the Airpods
- Remove the AirPods from the charging case and place them on a clean cloth.
- Pour rubbing alcohol onto the cloth, then rub both sides of each AirPod to remove dirt and ear wax.
- Use a Q-tip to gently wipe away any remaining earwax or other debris from inside the AirPod's crevices.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to clean stubborn dirt inside the speaker holes of your Airpods.
- If you have an Airpods pro you can soak the rubber tips in alcohol or hydroden peroxide.
- Use a hairdryer in cold setting to dry out the Airpods before putting them back in their charger or carrying around again.
- Repeat this process every week to keep your Airpods clean and smelling fresh!
One of the most important things you can do for your Airpods is clean out any bacteria that may build up over time. Bacteria loves dirty spots and will start harming not only yourself but also other people who use them. Though we do not recommend sharing your Airpods with other people due to sanitary reasons cleaning your Airpods case will help extend its life, as well as protect you from bacteria that can build up over time.
If you’re having problems with your phone speakers, we have a solution for you. FixMySpeakers is a webapp that can help fix all those glitches and bugs in the sound coming from your device no matter what type of smartphone or tablet you own.